Many beginner athletes keep asking: What is testosterone propionate? Let’s see what is it and how it can be helpful for you. Testosterone propionate is an anabolic drug that is widely used in various types of sports, where human’s strength and speed are very important. Bodybuilders are the main users of this medication. Testosterone is preferred by athletes, because it can be easily injected on your own and because of low risks and fewer side effects. It can be recommended in any phase of preparations to sport competitions: whether it is fat burning phase, mass gain or even getting ready to a swimming or running competition. Usually, it is used when athlete needs to burn fat, as it perfectly copes with preservation of the muscle mass.
How It Works
So, what is testosterone propionate used for? The most important effects of this medication are as follows:
- Increased muscle mass;
- Fat burning;
- Strength increase;
- Libido increase;
- Also this medication is able to reduce the risk of heart ischemia and coronary heart disease.
It is characterized by a short action time, so injections are usually performed every day. This is one of the main disadvantages of using propionate, compared to its longer acting analogues. The second main disadvantage is a higher cost compared to the same enanthate. It can be used both for gaining mass and during the fat burning period.
Probably, you want to understand what does testosteron propionate do to your body? The main feature of the drug is that all patients do not report retention of water in the body during proper use of this medication. Therefore, testosterone propionate does not cause a sharp increase in body weight (for example, you can gain 5-6 kg for a couple of weeks when using enanthate). Muscular mass gained with propionate will be more dry. This drug is quickly absorbed into the bloodstream, so you will feel the effect of propionate after the first injection. However, it is excreted from the body quite fast. Because of the mentioned reasons athletes usually use enanthate when working on gaining weight and testosterone propionate when trying to burn fat. Moreover, it is suitable for athletes of any level of training: from beginners to pros.
There are almost no side effects if the right dosage is used and there is a control of hormone levels. But still, the very fact of using testosterone means that adverse reactions are possible. You may feel pain in the area of injection and experience redness of skin, increased level of aggression and irritability and acne caused by increased skin fatness (this effect is not always met, since not everyone has a genetic tendency to acne).
Questions & Answers
Here are the most frequently asked questions about this medication.
- How to make testosterone proprionate?It is not recommended to make any kind of injectable drugs on your own, as this can lead to unexpected side effects and even death. It would be great if you contact a healthcare provider to discuss whether it is safe to use it and set an appropriate dose.
- How to inject testosterone propionate?The medication is injected intramuscularly. Clean your hands before an injection. Pay attention that the injection area must be sterile, the syringe must be disposable. Squeeze the air out of the syringe. Injection of air bubbles into the human body can lead to a serious condition called embolism. That’s why it’s very important to make sure that there is no air in the syringe during testosterone injection. To do it make the following steps: Hold the syringe with the needle upwards from yourself (after removing the cap). Inspect the syringe for bubbles. Knock on the wall of the syringe and drive up the air bubbles. When the dose is without bubbles, gently press the plunger and release air from the syringe. Stop when you see a small drop of substance on the tip of the needle. Be careful not to spray most of the dose.
- Where to inject testosterone propianate? Testosterone is injected directly into the muscle. The best place where it would be easy to do is the lateral broad thigh muscle (the upper left part of the thigh or the upper right part of the thigh). It is not the only place where testosterone is injected, but it is the most common.
- How often to inject test prop?Injections should be made daily if something different is not prescribed by your doctor.
- Does test prop burn fat?Yes, this is one of the most valuable effect of this drug.
What Do Athletes Think?
If an athlete gets an original testosterone propionate of a good quality, he will remain completely satisfied regardless of the goals pursued. This drug is not recommended for women, as it has a high androgenic activity, which can lead to various undesirable side effects, such as masculinization, etc. The drug has lots of positive feedback, because its side effects are rare, it is flexible in use and has a low price.
Please remember to always store this medication at the proper temperature and check the expiration date. If the date is overdue, do not use the drug. Never change the dosage on your own, without consulting a healthcare provider.